The positive market cues helped the equity funds to maintain positive returns. All the funds in equity and Balanced categories closed in a green zone registering very few decline.
In the sector space, Technology funds took the lead recording no decline following by Pharma & Healthcare and Banking & Finance. FMCG category was seen declining in yesterday's trading session.
The markets closed higher on Thursday for the second consecutive session led by positive global cues. The BSE benchmark rose 93.84 points to close at 17,278.85 and the NSE benchmark was up 26.40 points at 5,242.70. However, according to Atul Badkar of Edelweiss Securities, global macro fundamentals and domestic factors will have to improve for the market to see further gains.
On the debt front, Short term category maintained positive returns while Gilt Long Term in the Long term space showed weak performance. The debt funds are likely to trade with a negative bias till the debt markets shows some sign of recovery.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds gainers
* HSBC Small Cap Fund (G) up 1.22%
* Sundaram Equity Multiplier Fund (G) up 1.03%
* Sundaram Select Thematic Energy Opportunities Funds (G) up 1.02%
Equity funds losers
* Sundaram Rural India Fund (G) down 0%
* Religare Equity Fund (G) down 0.5%
* Reliance Vision Fund - Retail Plan (G) down 0.37%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* UTI Long Term Advantage Fund - Series II (G) up 0.81%
* UTI Long Term Advantage Fund (G) up 0.78%
* JM Tax Gain Fund (G) up 0.78%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Religare Tax Plan (G) down 0.12%
* Escorts Tax Plan (G) down 0.01%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* Franklin Infotech Fund (G) up 1.58%
* ICICI Prudential Technology Fund (G) up 1.54%
* DSP BlackRock Technology.Com - Regular Plan (G) up 1.27%
Sectorfunds: Top losers
* Taurus Banking & Financial Services Fund (G) down 0.35%
* ICICI Prudential FMCG Fund (G) down 0.14%
* UTI Transportation and Logistics Fund (G) down 0.11%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* Tata Balanced Fund (G) up 0.50%
* Sundaram Balanced Fund - Regular Plan (G) up 0.45%
* LIC NOMURA Balanced Fund - C (G) up 0.45%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* JM Balanced Fund (G) down 0.15%
* Escorts Balanced Fund (G) down 0.13%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* Mirae Asset Ultra Short Term Bond Fund - Regular Plan (G) up 0.18%
* Baroda Pioneer Gilt Fund (G) up 0.06%
Debt funds: Top losers
* HDFC Income Fund (G) down 0.01%
* Canara Robeco Gilt Advantage Fund (G) down 0.01%