|Equity NAVs end higher as markets gain|
|27 Jun 2012, 09:49 AM|
The equity funds were seen in a positive terrain led by range-bound market session. All Equity and Balanced funds registered gains witnessing very few decline.
On the sector front, Banking & Finance and Pharma & Healthcare took the lead with no decline. Meanwhile FMCG slumped under market pressure and Technology ended mixed.
The trading session ended with BSE gaining 131 points to close at 16,906.58 while NSE benchmark moved up 6.15 points to 5,120.80. The markets are still hopeful on the government to announce more measures going ahead to boost the sluggish economic growth.
In the debt space, Long term category showed tumbling performance while Short term category continued to advance. The debt market still shares a positive outlook as global uncertainties and fall in oil prices are expected to support the market at lower levels.
Check out all mutual fund gainers & losers
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* SBI Magnum Emerging Businesses Fund (G) up 1.21%
* Sundaram PSU Opportunities Fund (G) up 0.76%
* SBI PSU Fund (G) up 0.76%
Equity funds: Top losers
* DSP BlackRock Micro Cap Fund - Regular Plan (G) down 0.39%
* Kotak Contra (G) down 0.18%
* Canara Robeco Emerging Equities (G) down 0.18%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* IDFC Tax Advantage (ELSS) Fund (G) up 0.86%
* Quantum Tax Saving Fund (G) up 0.59%
* Reliance Equity Linked Saving Fund - Series I (G) up 0.59%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Union KBC Tax Saver Scheme (G) down 0.09%
* UTI Long Term Advantage Fund - Series II (G) down 0.07%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) up 1.37%
* Taurus Banking & Financial Services Fund (G) up 0.65%
* Sahara Banking and Financial Services Fund (G) up 0.64%
Sector funds: Top losers
* Sahara R.E.A.L. Fund (G) down 0.33%
|Page 1 of 2 Next page »|
|Next Story »|
|Post your View/Query|
|More on markets:|
|Market Outlook | Udayan's Comments | Stock Views | Broker Recos|
|Get 3G speed on 2G network on ur Mobile|
|Font Size: S M L|
|Mobile | Classic|
|© 2014. a Web18 Venture|