The equity funds were seen in a positive terrain led by range-bound market session. All Equity and Balanced funds registered gains witnessing very few decline.
On the sector front, Banking & Finance and Pharma & Healthcare took the lead with no decline. Meanwhile FMCG slumped under market pressure and Technology ended mixed.
The trading session ended with BSE gaining 131 points to close at 16,906.58 while NSE benchmark moved up 6.15 points to 5,120.80. The markets are still hopeful on the government to announce more measures going ahead to boost the sluggish economic growth.
In the debt space, Long term category showed tumbling performance while Short term category continued to advance. The debt market still shares a positive outlook as global uncertainties and fall in oil prices are expected to support the market at lower levels.
Here is the day's performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity funds: Top gainers
* SBI Magnum Emerging Businesses Fund (G) up 1.21%
* Sundaram PSU Opportunities Fund (G) up 0.76%
* SBI PSU Fund (G) up 0.76%
Equity funds: Top losers
* DSP BlackRock Micro Cap Fund - Regular Plan (G) down 0.39%
* Kotak Contra (G) down 0.18%
* Canara Robeco Emerging Equities (G) down 0.18%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* IDFC Tax Advantage (ELSS) Fund (G) up 0.86%
* Quantum Tax Saving Fund (G) up 0.59%
* Reliance Equity Linked Saving Fund - Series I (G) up 0.59%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Union KBC Tax Saver Scheme (G) down 0.09%
* UTI Long Term Advantage Fund - Series II (G) down 0.07%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) up 1.37%
* Taurus Banking & Financial ServicesFund (G) up 0.65%
* Sahara Banking and Financial Services Fund (G) up 0.64%
Sector funds: Top losers
* Sahara R.E.A.L. Fund (G) down 0.33%
* UTI Transportation and Logistics Fund (G) down 0.29%
* ICICI Prudential FMCG Fund (G) down 0.25%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* SBI Magnum Balanced Fund (G) up 0.69%
* Reliance Regular Savings Fund - Balanced Option (G) up 0.39%
* FT India Balanced Fund (G) up 0.37%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* Tata Balanced Fund (G) down 0.02%
* HDFC Prudence Fund (G) down 0.01%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* Fidelity Flexi Bond Fund - Institutional Plan (G) up 0.08%
* L&T Gilt - Investment Plan (G) up 0.13%
Debt funds: Top losers
* UTI Dynamic Bond Fund (G) down 0.01%
* Baroda Pioneer Gilt Fund (G) down 0.01%